From sale through to settlement, Kokoda Real Estate will be there to guide you through every step of the selling process - leading, advising and supporting.
There are many small, inexpensive ways of making your home more appealing to a potential purchaser.
Addressing cosmetic improvements, maintenance and minor repairs to your home is worth the effort and often has a positive impact on the eventual sale price.
The Kokoda Real Estate team believes it is essential for your home to be presented in the best possible light.
It is our aim to assist you in achieving the optimum presentation of your home. Our recommendations are inexpensive and most cost nothing at all! However, if required you can contact us for a recommendation of a professional tradesperson.
From the Street - Seeing it for the first time
Look at your property as if you are seeing it for the first time. Be extremely critical and identify areas that need sprucing up. Perhaps ask a friend to come over and provide you a ‘fresh’ set of eyes to give you some honest, constructive feeback.
As a minimum you should:
- Purchase a new doormat
- Clean the front door and repaint if necessary
- Clean external paintwork and brickwork
- Repair broken or cracked windows
- Clean windows inside and out
- Clean flyscreens
- Clean out gutters and downpipes
- Remove cobwebs
- Clean or paint the front gate, letter box and fence
- Clean exterior lights and check to ensure they are functional
- Clean the garage door
- Clean the garage or carport floor and remove oil stains
- Sweep and clean the driveway and remove all oil stains
In the Garden - Create a positive and lasting overall impression
A tidy and well maintained front and rear garden will create a positive and lasting impression:
- Mow the lawns regularly
- Trim all garden edges
- Weed gardens beds
- Replenish mulch areas
- Remove any dead plants
- Trim any trees and shrubs that are obstructing windows or overhanging roofs and gutters
- Prune untidy creepers
- Remove any rubbish and garden clippings
- Remove pet droppings regularly
- Put away any garden tools and hoses
- Store rubbish bins out of sight
Outdoor Entertaining Areas - A Lifestyle Choice
With an increasing emphasis on outdoor living over the past few years, an attractive and well maintained outdoor area can have a significant influence on buyers:
- Sweep up leaves
- Clean paved areas
- Clean timber decking and recoat if necessary
- Clean outdoor furniture
- Remove dead pot plants and replace with healthy colourful plants
- If you have a pool, ensure it is sparkling clean all year round
- Ensure ponds and water features are clean and operational
- Remove children’s toys and garden accessories
On The Inside - Make your home sparkle
A clean and tidy home with plenty of light and space will increase your home’s appeal. Paying attention to the simple things may be enough to make a significant point of difference between your property and other similar homes.
- A clean and tidy entry creates a good impression
- Consider hanging a wall mirror to create a feeling of spaciousness
- Steam clean carpets if necessary
- Check timber floors to see if they need to be re-coated
- Clean all floor surfaces
- Clean walls
- Fix and repaint any cracks or holes in the walls and ceilings
- Remove cobwebs from walls, cornices and ceilings
- Remove clutter from kitchen benches and refrigerator door
- Ensure tilling and grouting is clean and in good condition
- Clean and organise cupboards including the pantry
- Polish chrome surfaces
- Ensure all appliances are clean and fully operational
- Remove any mould or mildew
- Clean mirrors, exhaust fans and shower screens or curtains
- Ensure tiling and grout is clean and in good condition
- Put out clean towels and new soap
- Ensure storage areas including your garage are well organised and clutter free
- Indicate to prospective buyers that there is ample storage
- Ensure rooms are shown to their best advantage by appearing as spacious as possible
- Remove or rearrange furniture to help create a feeling of spaciousness
- Clean window furnishings, curtains, blinds and drapes
- Remove clutter from rooms and walls to create a feeling of spaciousness
- Repair items such as dripping taps, loose door knobs, creaking or sticking doors, windows and drawers
- Clean and polish all woodwork
- Remove children’s toys and store in a cupboard
- Remove pet bowls and litter trays from living and kitchen areas
- Keep rooms well ventilated and fresh
- Ensure light fittings and switches are clean and operational
Open House and Inspections - Warm and inviting
An open house provides the opportunity to present your home at its optimum to multiple potential buyers
- Open all curtains and blinds to provide natural light
- Turn on lights in dark areas of your home including passageways
- Make all the beds
- Wash and put away dishes
- Remove shoes from the front and back doorRemove pets from the property
- Eliminate cooking, cigarette smoke or pet odours and replace them with the aroma of freshly brewed coffee or aromatherapy candles
- Place fresh flowers in strategic positions to brighten up your home
- Play soft background music to create a pleasant atmosphere
Preparing your property
We can arrange a professional home stylist to meet with you to discuss how your property presents at its best for marketing and sale.
Using our in-depth market knowledge and information from local, comparable sales, we will provide you with an estimated selling range in which we think your property will sell.
Method of sale
We will advise you of our recommendation on the best method of sale for your particular property taking your personal preferences and circumstances into account.
A chronology of events will be forwarded to you outlining advertising deadlines and confirming the dates & times for open for inspections and vendor meetings. You will then be aware of what is happening throughout the campaign
Setting the date
We will work with you to determine the date that optimises a sale result. This involves taking into consideration your needs, local market factors and the strengths of your individual property.
Appoint a legal representative
You will need to have a Section 32 Vendors Statement prepared as soon as possible once you have decided to put your property on the market. If your property is being offered for sale by Auction a Contract of Sale will also be required.
Our marketing goal is to expose your property to the greatest number of potential buyers ready to proceed without delay. Combined with a meticulous marketing department constantly monitoring where purchasers are coming from, we tailor a well-targeted, structured campaign that suits both your budget and your property.
Acting on your behalf, your agent communicates with buyers about an acceptable selling price. The agent's role as the negotiator is a critical one, as it is the decisive, pivotal point in the entire buying and selling process.
Vigorous Section 27 follow-up post sale, to enable the release of deposit monies (less selling fees) to be forward to you as soon as possible. We will organise the final inspection prior to settlement and contact you via telephone and email to confirm the sequence of events relating to settlement.